1st IEEE Young Engineers Conference Hong Kong 2019 (IEEE YE 19)
THIS EVENT IS POSTPONED UNTIL FUTHER NOTICE DUE TO RECENT SOCIAL EVENTS
Our number one priority is the well-being, safety and security of our participants. Given the current situation in Hong Kong, the 2019 IEEE 1st Hong Kong Young Engineers Conference is being postponed until early 2020. More information to come shortly on new dates and location. We thank you for your understanding.
YOUR KIND UNDERSTANDING IS GREATLY APPRECIATED
The aim and objective of the student conference is to invite students from both high schools and universities in Hong Kong and Asia for a chance to study, research and write a paper or poster on a topic that interests them, with a chance to present, learn and network with academia and industry professionals.
All the scientific posters and papers will be refereed by professional engineers. Student poster / paper that are approved by the IEEE referees will be published in the conference journal to provide students with proof of publication and to help them with future studies and careers. The top papers will be submitted to the relevant IEEE academic journals for publication. Initial submissions should be no more than 500 words long with diagrams/graphics being no more than two A4 pages in length.
All poster/ papers must be original and not simultaneously submitted to another journal or conference.
All the posters / papers must be submitted electronically in PDF format.
Full paper must be prepared according to the IEEE conference proceeding template available here.
Scientific Poster must be prepared according to the IEEE Conference proceeding template available here.
The following paper categories are welcome:
LIST OF TOPICS
Consumer Electronics Topics
Data Collection with commercial products
– Commercial ROV
– Commercially available Micro-Controllers (Micro:bit, Arduino, Raspberry Pi)
– Sensor interface using commercial products
– Smart City
– Robotics Interface (To sensors & To people)
– Smart Home
– Smart Building
– Interesting & Unique Applications (APPS)
– 3D printing of Commercial & Industrial Design
– Environmental data collection using Consumer electronics
Oceanic Engineering Society Topics
– Application of non-commercial ROV
– Non- commercial ROV design
– Scientific collection of Marine Data, Presentation + results
– Methods and Results of Marine Survey
– Sustainable Fisheries
– Cetaceans Studies, surveys and results
– Deep sea exploration and mapping
– Marine Search & Recovery of Underwater objects
– Underwater sensors and technology
– Marine Environmental Issues
– Marine Based Renewable Energy
IEEE Member registration – HKD$500
Student Registration – HKD$250
Parent attendance – HKD$200
Teacher attendance – HKD$200
*Payment can be in the form of cash or cheque on the day of the conference.
For cheuqes payments please make cheques payable to: “IEEE Hong Kong Section”
For Bank Transfer
Bank name : Hang Seng Bank
Account Name : IEEE Hong Kong Section
Account Number : 359 066297 001
- Prof Way Kuo, President, City University of Hong Kong
- Dr. Chung Shui Ming, Pro Chancellor, City University of Hong Kong
- Mr. Lester Garson Huang, Chairman of the Council, City University of Hong Kong
- Dr. Ray Cheung, Associate Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering, City University of Hong Kong
- Prof. Tamaki Ura, Underwater Technology Research Center, Institute of Industrial Science, The University of Tokyo
• Conference Date: (POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE)
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Registration @ Room BC203 8:15 am on 7th December, 2019
The Organizing Chair
IEEE HK Consumer Electronics & Oceanic Engineering Society Joint Chapter (IEEE HK CE-OES)
Contact Person: Philip Woodhead, IEEE HK CE-OES Join Chapter Committee Member
Mobile: +852 9681 1696